您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？立即注册
Tokyo based MARZA ANIMATION PLANET INC. (MARZA) will debut the Unity rendered short-film
“THE GIFT” at the 2016 Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco. This short film was created using “MARZA Movie Pipeline for Unity” co-developed with Unity Technologies. The full short will be released on “THE GIFT” website: www.marza-realtime.com in April 2016.
A breakthrough in advanced technology for CG production, “THE GIFT” integrates MARZA’s forte — Hollywood style CG film production – made possible by Unity’s rendering engine. The new pipeline uses full, feature-quality character motions and shaders, and requires no “pre-rendering” via other programs. Moreover, contrary to the existing use of CPU for pre-rendering, Unity’s use of GPU has led to increased rendering speeds allowing directors and artists to simplify and optimize their interactions.
Using the Unity platform in movie production will not only radically change the process of CG movie-making, but will make it possible to share data and more easily integrate with game production, VR and digital content development across multiple platforms. MARZA will keep evolving this workflow in collaboration with Unity Technologies.
“Sega has continually created amazing game experiences, and by creating MARZA, has brought video game technology into the film arena,” said Shinobu Toyoda, Representative Director, Unity Technologies Japan. “We were excited to collaborate with them on the idea of making cinematic experiences come to life using Unity’s platform in conjunction with the MARZA movie pipeline. “THE GIFT” is a perfect example of what can be achieved, and is a wonderful story for everyone.”
MARZA Movie Pipeline for Unity – Key features MARZA Unity电影流程 主要特点：
Pursuing rich animation expression 追求丰富的动画表现
• Alembic importer co-developed with Unity Technologies 利用Unity技术合作开发的Alembic加载程序
• Reproducing rich animation expression and advanced, complex VFX 再现丰富的动画表现和先进、复杂的视觉特效
Implementing modern texture expression 实现现代化纹理表现
• Skin Shader: Character skin textures reproduction 皮肤材质：再现角色皮肤纹理
• Eye Shader : Character eye expression 眼睛材质：角色眼睛表现
• Fake Fur Shader: Character “fur” expression 模拟毛发材质：角色“毛发”表现
Dramatic improvement for efficient visual creation through automatic shot scene creation 通过自动化镜头场景创作有效的改进视觉创作
• All required assets, camera and animations are automatically read by the Unity platform, allowing for instant visual checking 全部所需资源、相机和动画都是自动加载到Unity平台，允许即时预检
• Asset updates after scene creation 场景创作后才资源更新
Enhancing visual quality 提高视觉质量
From Unity to Composite Software 从Unity再到合成软件
• Using Frame Capture, co-developed with Unity Technologies 使用Unity合作开发的帧捕捉技术
• Capturing game view as a sequence of OpenEXR image files 把游戏画面输出为EXR序列帧
• Using render pass system to output additional information as extra OpenEXR layers 使用到的分层渲染通道为 ZDepth, Normal, Position, Ambient Occlusion, ObjectID
Thanks to the collaboration with Unity Technologies, we are happy to announce that some of the key features in the “MARZA Movie Pipeline for Unity”are already available in open source under the MIT license at github, for Unity and the CG community at large.
MARZA representative works MARZA代表作品
• CG feature film “SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN HARLOCK”
• VFX-JAPAN AWARD 2014: Best Theatrical Animation Film
• International 3D Society, Lumiere Japan Award 2013: Gran Prix
• 3D CREATIVE ARTS AWARDS: Best International Animated Feature
• CG Feature film “RESIDENT EVIL CG3” (in-production / to be released in 2017)
• Feature film “Sonic the Hedgehog” (in-development)
• Short film “MOOM (2016)” production
• Short movie “Night of the Werehog”
• Feature film “Assassination Classroom (2015)”, handling part of VFX production
• Feature film “Japan’s Longest Day (2015)” , handling part of VXF production
• Realtime CG Tech Demo “HAPPY FOREST”
• VFX-JAPAN AWARD 2016: Best Pioneering Visual Effects
About MARZA ANIMATION PLANET INC. www.marza.com/en/
a CG animation film production company
of SEGA SAMMY Group, has its origin in the CG Image Production Department of
SEGA® Corporation. Ever since SEGA®’s CG image production department became a
separate company in 2009, MARZA has been focusing on the production of CG
MARZA’s CG production technology is highly praised both in Japan and abroad.
SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN HARLOCK, the CG animation feature released in 2013, has
won numerous domestic and international awards.
Currently, a new feature “Sonic the Hedgehog”, co-produced with Sony Pictures
Entertainment Inc. (USA) is in development.
As a 3DCG studio aiming to achieve global success from Japan, MARZA continues to
work aggressively in creating new expression and innovative technology with the vision
to create exciting and inspiring entertainment for people around the world.