您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？立即注册
Chaos Group has released V-Ray 3.3 for Maya, the latest update to the Maya version of its industry-standard renderer, finally bringing the feature set in line with the 3ds Max edition of the software.
“V-Ray for 3ds Max and Maya are now at the same level,” said Chaos Group CTO Vlado Koylazov.
Hundreds of new features, speed boosts of 20-50% on ‘typical scenes’Chaos Group describes the 3.3 release as “our biggest update yet: the equivalent of two service packs in one”.
Like V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max, released late last year
, V-Ray 3.3 for Maya boosts performance across the board – by “20-50% on most scenes”.
The update also implements Chaos Group’s Variance-based Adaptive Sampler, intended to make noise removal in images less dependent on material or lighting settings, and to improve sampling of alpha channels.
In addition, GPU support has been added for rendering hair – the image on our homepage shows support for Alembic hair within V-Ray RT GPU – subsurface scattering, displacements, tiled textures, and light cache GI.
As usual, Chaos Group has provided a nice concise summary list of the new features, reproduced in full below.
New features in V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
- Ray Traced Rounded CornersGenerate smooth edges between different objects at render time with no extra modeling
- Blended Triplanar Mapping TextureQuickly apply seamless textures without UVs
- Stochastic Flakes MaterialCreate ultra-realistic materials with sparkle effects like snow, sand, and car paints
- V-Ray Falloff TextureAdd falloff and Fresnel effects based on viewing direction
- New Sky Model and Aerial PerspectiveSimulate more natural looking skies with the new Hosek sky model, and add realistic atmospheric depth with the aerial perspective volume shader
- V-Ray Clipper with Render-Time BooleansCreate sections and cutaways using any mesh objects
- Faster Volume RenderingFaster volume rendering with probabilistic samplingSupports OpenVDB caches from Houdini 15 and FumeFXPreview volume grid objects in the Maya viewport
- Improved Global IlluminationMore robust reflective GI caustics for better light propagation, and more natural illumination of interior scenes
- Look DevelopmentNow supports look development nodes introduced in Maya 2016 Extension 1
- OpenSubdiv 3.0Now supports the latest version of OpenSubdivUp to 2X faster performance when calculating the subdivided meshesAdded support for color sets
- XGenCache XGen collections to V-Ray scene files for better performanceAdded support for displacement, subdivision, and custom attributes through VRayUserColor textureAdded support for frame animation from archive
- User InterfaceOptimized user interface and default render settings